Ingredients Pecan Toffee Bars Recipe :
1 cup + 4 Tbsp butter, softened
6 Tbsp sugar
1 large egg
½ tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
¼ tsp baking powder
½ tsp ground ginger
Pinch of salt
1 cup butter, cut into chunks
1 ½ cups light brown sugar, packed
½ cup Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
2 Tbsp heavy cream
1 lb pecan halves
Directions to Make Pecan Toffee Bars Recipe :
To make the base:
• Beat together the butter and sugar. Mix in the egg and vanilla.
• Whisk together the flour, baking powder, ginger and salt and stir
into the creamed mixture. Stir just until combined.
• Press into a 9”x13” pan that has been lined with parchment paper.
(Ensure that the parchment goes up the sides too).
• Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
• Leave the oven on.
To make the topping:
• Combine butter, brown sugar and molasses in a medium sauce
pan over low heat. Stir to combine as the butter melts. Raise the
temperature to medium and bring to a boil. Boil for three minutes
then remove from heat, stir in the heavy cream and pecans.
• Combine well with a rubber spatula then carefully pour, scrape and
spread over the baked crust.
• Return to the oven for 30-35 minutes.
• Remove from oven and let cool before cutting