Ingredients Molasses Walnut Cookies :
- 1 cup flour
- Pinch of ginger and cinnamon
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 scant cup ground toasted walnuts
(a cup of walnut pieces whirred in
the food processor until crumbly)
- About ½ cup icing sugar, sifted
(for rolling baked cookies)
Directions to Make Molasses Walnut Cookies :
- Beat butter until creamy then beat in molasses and vanilla. Stir
spices into flour and add in three additions. Stir in ground walnuts.
- Scrape dough into a ball, press into a disk and refrigerate for an
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Roll dough into 1” balls and place on a parchment lined baking
sheet about 1 ½” apart.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- When cool roll in icing sugar. Or roll when warm and dust again
with sugar when cooled.