Ingredients EASY PUMPKIN CAKE :
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp Crosby’s fancy Molasses
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- ½ cup pumpkin purée
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup light cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 2 tsp water
Directions To Make EASY PUMPKIN CAKE :
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease and flour a 9” tube pan.
- In a large bowl beat the beat the brown sugar with the oil. Beat in the
eggs then the molasses, yogurt, and pumpkin.
- In another bowl whisk the flour with the spices, baking powder,
baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and whisk until no lumps
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, until the cakes
starts to pull away from the sides of the pan and a tester comes out
with just a few moist crumbs attached.
- Remove to a wire rack and let cool in the pan for about 15 minutes.
- Gently remove from pan and let cool completely.To make the icing:
- Beat together the cream cheese, molasses, icing sugar and water. Set
the cooled cake on a serving plate and drizzle the icing over the cake