Ingredients CRISPY CRANBERRY GRANOLA BARS :
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats*
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal*
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup whole almonds, toasted**
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 1/3 cup Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ tsp vanilla extract 2/3 cup chocolate chips
Directions To Make CRISPY CRANBERRY GRANOLA BARS :
- Line a 9”x9” pan with parchment paper or grease it
- Combine the oats, rice cereal, cranberries and
almonds in a large bowl.
- Melt butter, molasses and brown sugar in a
saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a gentle boil
and cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in
vanilla extract (it will sputter).
- Pour hot syrup over the oat mixture and stir to combine. Allow to cool for a minute
then stir in chopped chocolate. Press mixture firmly (and I mean firmly) into prepared
pan and ensure it gets right to the edges. Try laying a sheet of parchment paper
overtop to make it easier to press down.
- Refrigerate until set and cut into bars.