Ingredients Coconut Macaroons Recipe :
- ½ cup flour (can use gluten-free)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened coconut (fine)
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened flaked coconut
- 4 egg whites
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Chocolate for dipping (optional)
Directions To Make Coconut Macaroons Recipe :
- Whisk together the flour, salt and both kinds of coconut.
- In a double boiler or a metal bowl suspended above a pot of barely
simmering water, whisk the egg whites with the sugar, molasses
and vanilla until mixture warm to the touch and opaque (110°F).
Remove from heat and pour over the dry ingredients. Fold to
combine and set aside for 15 minutes to allow the coconut to
absorb some of the liquid.
- Preheat oven to 325˚F. Form mixture into 1” to 1 ½” balls and place
on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Rotate baking sheet
halfway through cooking.
- Let cool then dip in melted chocolate.