Ingredients CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BARS :
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp ground flax
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Extra chocolate chips for sprinkling
Directions to Make CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BARS :
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line an 11×17-inch baking sheet with parchment
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together olive oil,
melted butter, brown sugar, white sugar, molasses
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in flours, flax, baking soda, cinnamon and salt
and stir until almost combined.
- Add chocolate chips and stir until well combined.
- Spoon dough onto prepared baking sheet and
spread evenly, right to the edges. (It’s easiest to use
wet hands for this job.)
- Sprinkle over extra chocolate chips and press into
- Bake for 23-25 minutes, until golden and set.
- Cool on a rack. Let cool before cutting